Aptamil® Feed Thickener is a thickening agent and may be mixed with breast milk or infant formula to assist in the management of regurgitation.
Aptamil®Feed Thickener may also be used to thicken the fluids and foods of infants, children and adults. In all cases it should only be used under medical supervision.
When to use Aptamil® Feed Thickener
- This product is not an infant formula, breast milk substitute or a complete food for infants
- To be used to thicken liquids or food but not as a sole source of nutrition
- Not suitable for use with premature infants
- Consult your healthcare professional before use
- Aptamil® Feed Thickener is suitable from birth onwards for infants who require thickened milk feeds
- To assist infants with regurgitation problems, Aptamil® Feed Thickener can be used safely and effectively for thickening infant feeds. Thickened feeds may reduce regurgitation
- For breastfed infants: Aptamil® Feed Thickener can be mixed with a small amount of cool boiled water or expressed breast milk and fed as a gel before, during or directly after the breast feed. Alternatively it can be mixed with expressed breast milk to thicken the feed
- For formula fed infants: Aptamil® Feed Thickener can be used to thicken standard infant formula, or special formulas. If a baby on standard formula requires a thickened feed, Aptamil® AR Thickened Infant Formula, which already contains thickener is recommended.
- For thickened food: Aptamil® Feed Thickener can be used to thicken food such as soups, sauces, purees and custards
- Aptamil Feed Thickener is not suitable for general use and should be used under medical supervision